I DID IT, June 4, 2006


It was a great day. I biked it and I liked it. 100 miles in 7 hours and 1 minute. Average speed was 14.27 mph. Cumulative vertical climb was 3,770 feet, barely worth mentioning. One climb was 844 vertical feet over 8 miles to a mountain pass called Spooner Junction. We call that Jerome Jay in Baltimore County.

There were 3,000 riders on the course, 1,900 were riding for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training from all over the country. TNT riders raised over $8 million for the Leukemia Society's mission. There were 32 riders from Maryland. We raised over $145,000 on our team alone. Four moms from Friends School raised over $45,000. Personally, I broke $17,000 before I left Baltimore and was the 12th highest fundraiser in the country.

I had GREENE TURTLE written on my left arm, QUAKES written on my right, a squeaky crab and a can of Natty Boh zipped tied to my helmet and 16 purple and yellow ribbons pinned to my jersey. I was a sight to behold -- pictures to follow.

It was a great day and every once in a while when I was cruising along the lakeside by myself, I said hello to Annie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home