ANOTHER TEAM, ANOTHER RIDE, May 31, 2007


I've started training for another Century Ride with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. This year, I'll be riding in the Seagull Century on the Eastern Shore in October. This year's team looks to be as strong and as much fun as last year's Tahoe team.

I'm one month into the training with only 100 miles in the saddle. Last year at the 100-mile training marker, I was riding across the frozen tundra of Baltimore County at about 11 mph. This year, the sun is warm and honeysuckle scents the air. And my average speed is over 13 miles per hour -- muscle memory, no doubt. So, while I battled the ravages of winter last year in the cold and wind, this year, I can look forward to training in the heat of a Baltimore summer. But as we all know, it's not the heat, it's the humidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home